The smoke has cleared from the intense matchups of NFL Week 2, and the results of our esteemed Pick’em contest are in. Congratulations to our top performers, who demonstrated foresight and strategy in making their picks.
- 1969 Chief: With a staggering 13 picks correct and the addition of 23 tie-breaking points.
- BAK: Close on the heels with 13 picks correct, complemented by 22 tie-breaking points.
- David Smith: Making it to the top three with 13 correct picks and 21 tie-breaking points.
It’s worth noting that this week brought us a 5-way tie for second place. This meant that it was the “the Foley” tie-breaking point which determined the 2nd and 3rd place winners.
For those needing a reminder on the tie-breaking points:
- One points is awarded when a player’s pick wins “against the spread.”
- An additional point come in when players correctly decide on the “over/under” for a particular game.
But what truly set this week apart was “The Foley.” In the spirit of rewarding the early birds of the game, an extra tie-breaking point is awarded to the player who records their picks or makes their last update first. If, for instance, a bunch of players all have 9 picks correct, the one whose picks or updates were recorded earliest in the week gets the extra point. This process is repeated for every group of correct picks, so everyone has an equal shot!
This new dimension was added to celebrate those who, from the get-go, are committed to their choices and don’t waver as the week unfolds. This is in stark contrast to some (looking at you, Ivan Foley), who have a tendency to swap their picks as the games roll on, in a silly bid to confuse or outwit fellow Landmark Columnists and readers.
Once again, a big salute to this week’s victors, and to all our players who bring fun into the Landmark’s Pickem contests. Here’s to another action-packed week ahead!
Winners please email your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get your gift cards from our prize sponsors in the mail to you.
For a detailed breakdown, check out the Full Results for Week Two
Good luck & time to make your selections for Week Three.