by Valerie Verkamp
Landmark assistant editor
One of the oldest remaining log homes in Platte County will undergo a major restoration, thanks to Platte County taxpayers.
The story of the historic log house begins in 1850, a decade after Platte County was established. The original owner, Joseph Drum, built the cabin on a site north of the Missouri River located about two miles northeast from where Downtown Parkville is today.
It is at the Green Hills Platte Wildlife Reserve, to the east of Park University and to the west of Park Hill South High School. For more on story.